HKSEO Copyright and IP Infringement Policy
HKSEO respects the intellectual property (IP) rights of others and wishes to offer Services that contain no content that violates those rights. Our Terms of Service (TOS) require that information posted by users be accurate, lawful, and not in violation of the rights of third parties. HKSEO has adopted this policy to explain to users and third parties their rights and responsibilities regarding copyright of the user content uploaded through our Services and the actions that HKSEO will take in response to copyright complaints.
It is HKSEO's policy, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other IP rights of others.
The process outlined in this Policy is designed to be consistent with the process suggested by the DMCA. Remember that your use of HKSEO services is at all times subject to the TOS, which incorporate this Copyright and IP Infringement Policy. Any terms we use in this Policy without defining them have the definitions given to them in either our TOS.
Who can report copyright infringement?
HKSEO wants to ensure that we are doing the right thing when we are asked to remove content from our Services. Only copyright owners (or owners of the IP as defined below) can report a suspected infringement. Therefore, you cannot report a suspected infringement if you are not the copyright or IP owner or authorized representative. Please be aware that you may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys' fees incurred by HKSEO or our users if you knowingly materially misrepresent that content published through the Services is infringing your copyright or other IP. When in doubt, you should consult an attorney. If you do conclude that your copyrights or other IP rights are being infringed, you can follow the process outlined in this policy to report it to us. We also strongly encourage you to contact the user directly.
Procedure for reporting copyright infringement
If you believe that materials or content residing on or accessible through the Services infringe your copyright (or the copyright of someone on whose behalf you are authorized to act), please send a notice of copyright infringement (a "Notice") containing the following information to HKSEO's designed email address.
- Your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit HKESO to contact you or your authorized agent, including a name, mailing address, email address, and phone number;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the content you claim is infringing and that is to be removed and/or disabled as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the content including the URL where said content may be found; and
- Both of the following statements in the body of the Notice: "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted content is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g. as a fair use)"
"I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
Where to send your Notice?
Your Notice with all items completed will need to be sent to the following address: Legal(at) hkseo.us
What happens once your Notice is filed?
Once proper Notice is received, HKSEO will proceed to:
- Examine the complaint to determine if it has merit;
- If the complaint is found to have merit, remove or disable access to the infringing content; and
- Identify the user responsible for the infringing content and inform them that the infringing content has been removed or disabled.
Please note that a copy of the Notice (including your personal information) may be provided to the user who allegedly provided the infringing content. Please also note that HKSEO acts as a conduit between our users and the various supported platforms. In several instances, the content published by HKSEO will not be in HKSEO custody or control. If the alleged infringing content falls into that category, HKSEO will inform you in writing and will encourage you to contact the platform on which such content has been published. In the case of repeated offenses by a specific HKSEO user, HKSEO may ban the user from accessing our Services, at HKSEO's sole discretion.